Tuesday 3 December 2013

mix and match


mix and match
Rag & Bone fedora, Nars lipstick, Givenchy 'obsedia' bag, Witchery tee, Lover dress, Oliver Peoples sunglasses, Stella McCartney bra, Valentino rockstud flats

Over the years, I've begin to realise that the best things to have in your wardrobe arsenal are items that can be styled for a wide range of occasions; whether it's dinner at somewhere upscale or brunch at your local eatery. Once you have those building blocks, then all you need are the right accessories to make it happen.

For example - my birthday this year involved me splurging a black Lover dress that I've just been itching for an excuse to purchase. However, for the past half a year, it's been sitting in my wardrobe - loved but untouched. In retrospect, I probably should have pulled it out during winter to layer until my favourite knitted sweaters and boots. Which made me think, if it wasn't for the 3/4 quarter sleeves, how could I wear it during the warmer months? (And no, this is not the beginning of the long road of justification to purchase another Lover dress)

This summer, I will definitely be bringing out some of my less casual pieces and dressing them down for everyday wear. A slouchy white t-shirt can do wonders in toning down an outfit, and really, that's what Australian summer is all about: laid-back chic. So to keep it chic, you will need a clutch or small handbag for all essentials (esp. sunscreen & lipstick) and blinged-out flats - even though I have these in the kitten heel, I can't stop obsessing about these beige/pink flats which would be perfect for casual days where wearing heels are the last thing on my mind. 

And because it's summer in Australia, a hat & sunglasses should be your constant companion. Slip slop slap!

To be honest, at this point I can't tell if this is a genuine post about utilising the full potential of my existing wardrobe or rather how much I need those Valentino rockstud flats in my wardrobe. So if Santa happens to be listening, can't blame a girl for trying right?

x karen

7 comments:

  1. lovely post...
    I agree, start with items that are easily transformed and build from there....
    nice choices you have there..... don't worry Santa will be good too you!x

    http://www.myclayexperience.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see you wear those fabulous outfits.. So hopefully Santa will grant your wishes ;)

    x J. from http://iatenoodlesforbreakfast.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! And I'm obsessing over those flats!!!! Just perfect!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want that GIvenchy bag!



    www.style-chameleon.com

    WIN 100 EUROS TO SPEND ON BAGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I hope santa is listening and brings you the flats ;)

    Love the items you picked! You are right about just needing the building blocks! It can be really surprising how adding a pair of heels and a nice necklace can change a whole outfit.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes please. those lace bras are so pretty. Need some!

    X. pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog and I love it! You have amazing style. I would love to keep in touch. :) If you like, follow me and I'll follow you right back. kisses!❤

    xo, Alina
    http://stylebyalina.com
    Coach Bag Giveaway

    ReplyDelete